Bennetts Calabash Seafood: "Don't Waste Your Money!" Myrtle Beach Restaurant Tip by ktowners

Myrtle Beach Restaurants: 59 reviews and 39 photos

We were on Spring Break in Myrtle Beach SC and decided to try a seafood buffet. In a coupon booklet it had $4 off for Bennetts. So, we went to their location nearest us at 2900 N Kings Hwy, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577, United States (Bennett's Calabash Seafood Buffet #3) When we first walked in, there was a woman sitting behind a table of brochures (obviously there to entice you to view a timeshare) - she told us to go in and we'd be seated inside. Then an older gentlemen just looked up and he told us to go further in and we'd be seated inside. A young waitress seated us and we were asked about a coupon first. I should have asked how much the buffet was first as we sat down and everything else had a price except the adult buffet which was marked as "market price". I think this is their way of altering the price based on your having a coupon or not. Anyway, to summarize, the food was obviously sitting there for quite sometime, the place was more than 3/4 empty (should have been my first clue) our bill for a family of 4 (2 kids) came to $85 not including tip, the desserts were obviously store bought, when we asked for finger bowls for the crab, we were told they don't have them and were brought napkins that had hot water poured on them and lemons on top (I mean, come on, you can't even afford to give wet naps?) The waitress spilled lemonade all over my wife, didn't offer here anything at all. On the way out the older man was too busy adding up the checks for the night to even look up and ask us how dinner was. The woman behind the brochure counter asked us if dinner was good, we said no - terrible and she then offered to get all our money back - oh IF we went on a timeshare tour - yah right. I've never done this, but even took the time to stop someone coming in to tell them not to waste their time. This was the worst meal I've ever had - bad service, cold food, management was indifferent, no quality checks. I should have went to Benjamins as per the good reviews online - not BENNETTS!

Favorite Dish: Nothing was good

Address: 2900 N Kings Hwy, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577, United S
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Phone: (843) 448-2977‎
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 1
Theme: Seafood

• Written Mar 17, 2010

Ranked Member

Have you been to Myrtle Beach?