"Another Business Class Hotel" Shanghai Marriott Hotel Changfeng Park Tip by xuessium

Shanghai Marriott Hotel Changfeng Park, Shanghai: 97 reviews and 1 photos

ShanghaiMarriottChangfengPark
by xuessium

A recent work trip allows me to check out the newly opened Shanghai Marriott Changfeng Park. Everything is in mint condition (since it only opened in Feb 10). You couldn't really be asking for anything newer.

Location is really nothing to shout about since it offers proximity to my office. Folks looking for a more central location may wish to hunt elsewhere. The obvious disadvantage of location is made up by excellent rooms (my room has windows on 2 sides as it was a corner room) with a fantastic tub that comes with a view of Shanghai and excellent pool and jacuzzi facilities in the hotel. Business class hotel wise, I am not really looking for anything more fanciful.

My conference happened to be held in the hotel's conference room. Unfortunately, the carpet loved attracting static electricity resulting in plenty of excitable jolts and merry squeals. The room's heating/cooling system could not made up its mind, sending the room to either stifling warmness or bone-chilling coolness. We couldn't make up our mind to wear our sweaters or not.

Unique Qualities: I am more taken in by the physical comfort of the Hotel than anything else. In a nutshell, compared to the usual Ho Hum places I stayed while backpacking, I am thanking my stars to be popping my body onto a bed that is soft, clean and welcoming!

Address: 158 Da Du He Road,Putuo District, Shanghai, 200062 China
Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Shanghai Marriott Hotel Changfeng Park is a 32-story building facing the Changfeng Park and overlooking Su Zhou River. Nearest subway is "Lou Shan Guan Lu" station on the red line 2.
othercontact: Fax: +86 21 22156000
Phone: +86 21 22156666
Price: US$80-120
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/shacp-shanghai-marriott-hotel-changfeng-park/

• Written Mar 14, 2010

Comments

xuessium Lives Here!

xuessium

“Time Waits Not For The Person Who Waits For Time”

Have you been to Shanghai?