"From Bogotá to Medellín" Top 5 Page for this destination Medellín Transportation Tip by mircaskirca

Medellín Transportation: 17 reviews and 18 photos

Medellín
by mircaskirca

The bus terminal of Bogotá (www.terminaldetransporte.gov.co/) is located 5km west of the city centre. It is divided into five módulos (units) with buses leaving to different parts of the country. Buses to Medellín leave from Módulo 2 - Azul. At the bus terminal you find restaurants, cafeterias, bars, many shops, ATMs, waiting and left luggage rooms, bathrooms and even showers, so you'll have no problems to prepare for the long bus journey.

From La Candelaria I took a taxi to the terminal which was 9.000 COP. Many companies run buses from Bogotá to Medellín. I bought a ticket for a 10:00pm bus with Rapido Ochoa. It was a direct bus, it only had one rest stop. The chairs were quite comfortable and there were enough room for the legs. The bus had a toilet and they showed movies during the night (though I'm wondering who watched them). As usually in long distance buses in Colombia, the air-conditioning was put to the full and we were freezing. People wear warm clothes and they usually bring blankets and pillows to the bus. I learned to do the same.

We arrived to Terminal Norte in Medellin at 7:00am. From there I took a taxi to Hostal Tamarindo in El Poblado where I was staying.

Mode: TO
othercontact: galarcon@rapidoochoa.com
Phone: %s4%cb+57 4 441 1000%s*%c*
Type: Bus
Website: http://www.rapidoochoa.com/

• Updated Mar 15, 2010

Comments

Have you been to Medellín?