"The Magic Kingdom Still Has It" Disneyland Tip by brewjohnson

Disneyland, Anaheim: 227 reviews and 579 photos

I recently took my 2 year old to Disneyland. It was the first time I had been to the Magic Kingdom in a long, long time (like 15+ years). I really wasn't expecting to have all that much fun outside of watching my boy taking it all in. Boy was I wrong. While the main enjoyment I had was from watching my little guy enjoy Dumbo, Small World, and the other rides, I was shocked at how cool and fun Disneyland still is, even for a jaded 30 something like myself. There's something about Disneyland that you just can't escape... it's amazing, even after all these years. We happened to luck out and go on an afternoon/evening when it wasn't overly crowded, which allowed us to ride Small World 3 times in back to back succession without waiting at all, as well as riding dumbo twice with less than average waits.

Overall, Disneyland does have a magic air about it and I can't wait to go back. As I say in my title, the Magic Kindgom still has it.

Now, as for some specific recommendations that not a lot of people may consider, may I offer:

1. For food, the Plaza Inn was recommended to us by a friend who works at Disneyland. She said the Fried Chicken was to die for. I agree, the fried chicken was delicious, however, it made me feel downright horrible afterward. One serving is easily enough for 2 people, IMO. The next time we go back, I'll likely opt for a healthier, yet fun alternative: roasted Turkey legs that can be found in various carts around the park. The novelty of walking around Frontier Land chomping on a Turkey Leg just can't be beat. If I feel like going the un-healthy route, the corn dogs out of the cart on main street looked fantastic.

2. Undercover ride for tired parents (and kids): the train that circles the park. For you parents out there who are tired of standing in line and want to take a load off. Jump on the train. Your kids will actually love it, as you get to see a variety of things as you ride (dinosaurs, main street, jungle cruise leftovers, etc.). A very relaxing and fun way to get around the park.

Phone: +1 714-781-4565
Website: http://disneyland.disney.go.com

• Written Mar 11, 2010

Comments

brewjohnson

“Who's up for a living spree?”

Have you been to Anaheim?