"Charming Historical Bed & Breakfast" Cheshire Cat Inn Tip by sisterthyme

Cheshire Cat Inn, Santa Barbara: 659 reviews and 0 photos

Growing up, Cheshire Cat Inn was sort of my "home away from home". I used to check into a room there with my family when we wanted to get away from our house, but didn't want to leave the city. Weird, I know!
First of all, the service is very good. My family easily made friends with all the staff, whom were incredibly courteous and warm older women. By the end of our first stay here, we were on a first-name basis with nearly everyone. Delicious afternoon hors d?oeuvres were created by a member of the staff and were laid out on platters in the courtyard, where all the guests would gather and converse.
The insides of the rooms were clean and bright, and decorated with beautiful antiques and cozy decor. Many of the rooms included balconies and sunken rooms. The rooms are by far not "luxurious" to most peoples' standards, but they are quaint and enjoyable to be in by all means.

Unique Qualities: Cheshire Cat Inn does have an outdoor jacuzzi, and spa treatments, although I never partook in any of these. The inn also has wireless internet connection and an available printer for guests.
Their courtyard is also very pretty and in Spring and Summer their rose garden is in full bloom.

Address: 36 W. Valerio St., Santa Barbara, California, 93101, United States
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Five minutes away from downtown State St.
Phone: 805-569-1610
Price: US$120-180
Theme: Bed and Breakfast
Website: http://www.cheshirecat.com/

• Updated Mar 6, 2010

sisterthyme Used To Live Here!

“Travel the road, it doesn't matter where you're going or what's after”

Ranked Member

Have you been to Santa Barbara?