"Gang of Thieves" Top 5 Page for this destination Ellora Warnings Or Dangers Tip by lynnehamman

Ellora Warnings and Dangers: 2 reviews and 2 photos

Cute thieves
by lynnehamman

Ellora is Monkey Paradise. In all of India I have never seen so many in one place, and observed such cheeky behaviour.
I guess these cuties have been so spoiled by tourists at Ellora that they now reign supreme.
They actually came right into our cottage- en famille, and helped themselves to fruit and a towel.
They are not dangerous, I suppose, unless provoked or angry. One mother was carrying a baby, and bared her fangs at us when we offered her some fruit (trying to lure her OUT of the cottage)
It is a good idea to not leave valuables lying around, and keep balcony door closed if you are not there to prevent thievery.........
Same advice regarding the monkeys around the actual cave area.

• Written Mar 1, 2010

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2015 at 8:22 PM

Id love the photo opportunity of course but would worry about them losing such fear that being bitten which can cause quite serious medical issues, could be quite highly possible

• briantravelman's Profile Photo
      Feb 27, 2015 at 10:53 PM

Oh, I didn't even realize that until you mentioned it. It says there are some members on here who live in North Korea, but I think the accounts are fake.

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
      Feb 27, 2015 at 11:04 PM

yeah cant really imagine anyone in North Korea being able to connect with anywhere online outside the NK let alone VT, but Im saying when the internet connection is good VT is one of the easiest sites here to connect with whereas others I can only access via an internet tunnel creater, being able to download photos has been a bit too much to ask though - too many millions already online lol creating too much congestion!..especially when i was further down the line at Pingyao - they said there we were only getting what was left over!

• briantravelman's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2015 at 6:40 PM

They sure are. I almost got jumped by a monkey in Barbados. I finally see why Jeff Corwin is afraid of them. Those things are crazy. I saw some mothers with babies too, but they were calm.

lynnehamman

“The first condition of understanding a foreign country is to smell it.- Rudyard Kipling”

Have you been to Ellora?