"Dirt cheap car parking and other transport" Miltenberg Transportation Tip by Trekki

Miltenberg Transportation: 1 reviews and 3 photos

Miltenberg is located roughly between Frankfurt and Würzburg, at Main River, where it makes a bend in its flow. I came by car but Miltenberg has easy and quick train connections from Frankfurt and Würzburg via Aschaffenburg. The main train station is outside of the town centre, on the other side of the river, but that’s an easy walk of approx. 20 minutes.
Parking is dirt cheap; I almost dropped my jaw when I saw the prices. I paid 2 Euro for my almost 6 hours (0,30 Euro per hour and 2 Euro maximum per day). That car park is at the eastern end of the town, close to Würzburger Tor (Würzburg town gate) and it took me 10 minutes to walk from there to the tourist office.
Boats also land here, but I haven’t found out which boat company runs these. There must be touristic ones, because when I was in Miltenberg, I saw a lot of Americans in town and overheard conversations where their boat tour was mentioned. If of interest, I can find out more.

The link below leads to Miltenberg’s website. It is in German only but if you click (left menu) on “Anreise und Parken” (= how to get to M. & parking) and then scroll down to the bottom, you can download a map of Miltenberg and the two neighbourhood villages of Bürgstadt and Kleinheubach. Just click on where it says “Unseren Ortsplan finden Sie hier” (= find our town map here). Bürgstadt, by the way, is the little town with this magnificent church I described in the to-do section.