EI Hicaco seafood restaurant: "Purse got stolen" Jacó Restaurant Tip by xdcynthia

Jacó Restaurants: 40 reviews and 83 photos

I had my rehearsal dinner with my family of over 40 people in EI Hicaco seafood restaurant on Feb. 13th, 2010. At the end of dinner, my husband and I were standing at the entrance, seeing everybody off to get on a taxi. When we walked back inside after 5 minutes, my purse on the chair was GONE!!!!

There was only one last table of guests in the restaurant. We were sure that nobody walked out of the restaurant in that 5 minutes could carry my big yellow purse without being noticed. It must STILL be in the restaurant.

I had all my credit cards, cash, travel documents in the purse, so I was desperately asking each waiter whether he saw anything. When I mentioned I had my passport in the purse, one waiter finally said he saw it couple of minutes ago. Then the waiters started surrounding us in the middle and communicating in Spanish. I knew that the restaurant has cameras at the corner, but the manager refused to review the tape. He ensured me that he will review it tomorrow and let me know.

When I left the restaurant, I had a feeling that I will never see my purse again. Yes, they never called me. When I finally talked to the owner of the restaurant Francisco Gonzalez, he told me the tape was too dark to see anything.

Keep an eye on your belongs if you want to have dinner in EI Hicaco, that is my advice.

Address: Jaco beach