Shells: "Fresh Seafood" Top 5 Page for this destination Ormond Beach Restaurant Tip by grandmaR

Ormond Beach Restaurants: 8 reviews and 23 photos

Street sign

Street sign
      Part of menu
      My dinner
      Menu detail
      Sides and Desserts
    by grandmaR

For dinner one night, I didn't want to go to a chain, so I rejected Outback Steakhouse, Burger King, Olive Garden, Bennigans, Pizza Hut, Subway, Quiznos, Ruby Tuesday, and McDonalds. I actually had in mind to go to Shell's and that's where we went.

The restaurant may not exist anymore, or maybe the Ormond Beach one has closed.

Favorite Dish: They seated us and gave us two waiters (although we never saw the girl after the drinks order). We got hot tea. The waiter asked us if we wanted bread, and we said - why do you ask, is it extra. He said no but that with all the low carb diets sometimes people didn't want bread. The bread was a small thin loaf, but he didn't bring a knife to cut it and I had to use my regular knife.

Bob had a half pound of fried scallops (with fries and cole slaw for $8.99) which he said were the smallest he had ever seen, and I had the coconut shrimp and grilled chicken combo for $12.99. This came with baby carrots and broccoli (but the broccoli ends were all brown) and home fries. I couldn't eat the chicken and brought it home. The bill including tip was $32.44

Address: 200 S Atlantic Ave Daytona Beach, FL 32118
Comparison: about average
Phone: (386) 258-0007
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 3
Theme: Seafood

• Updated Feb 23, 2010

Comments

grandmaR

“"..an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered." G.K. Chesterton”

Have you been to Ormond Beach?