Mandalay: "Burmese bonanza - rare find!" Mandalay Golden Myanmar Restaurant Tip by Durfun
Mandalay Golden Myanmar Restaurant, London: 4 reviews and 2 photos
Not a large restaurant, and very popular, so advance bookings are recommended.
The service is good & the food divine. It's tasty food for sure.
Based on the location of the country (Burma), expect their dishes to be a mix of Indian + Chinese + Thai. A good combination really, catering to many tastes and pallettes!
The place isn't fancy, but if you want good, tasty food, definitely give it a try.
Favorite Dish: I tried the bottle gourd soup - a pleasant experience. Their spicy lamb curry is very nice and succulent, as is the chicken with coriander. Also had the stir fry mixed vegetables - perfectly seasoned, and ordered coconut rice.
Definitely worth trying the raw papaya & cucumber salad. Very refreshing :)
For dessert, try tapioca. Very delicious, creamy seeds, without being too sweet.
The house wines are most reasonably priced, and good.
Address: 444 Edgware Road, London W2 1EG
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Head north from Edgware Road tube, it's about 1/2 mile up.
Phone: +00 44 (0)20 7258 3696
More Restaurants in London (14)
More Reviews (101)
- See All One New Change
- See All In the airport itself !
- See All Funky Belgian beers anyone?
- See All Bicycle hire outside tube stations!
- See All Brick Lane & it's Market
- See All Have a week? Then see these...
- See All Ice-skating outside the Natural History...
- See All Ali-Pali Tower, Ice rink roof, Palace...
- For summer, bring your swimming briefs !
- Good quality warm clothes for winter !
- Shady 'southern' areas..
- Need correct change for buses
Durfun's Related Pages
Have you been to London?Share Your Travels