"Why I Had To Sleep With The Curtains Open!" Top 5 Page for this destination Hotel Studio Tip by johngayton

Hotel Studio, Veliko Turnovo: 55 reviews and 5 photos

Hotel Frontage

Hotel Frontage
    by johngayton
      Comfortable Bed (mini-bar under telly)
      Functional Work Surface
      Stunning View of Tsaravets
      My Room On Top RHS
    by johngayton

This was pretty much a perfect little "boutique" hotel. The welcome at reception was warm and friendly, check-in (having booked through booking.com) was simple and being shown to my room where the receptionist explained how to work the heating/aircon a nice little touch. The spotlessly-clean rooms are modern, stylishly-individual, and suited both for leisure or business travel with comfortable furnishings and functional workspace. Everything worked perfectly, including the freebie WiFi, and the mini-bar was well-stocked and reasonably priced.

Throughout my stay the staff were exceptional including looking up my transport options for a day trip to Tryavna and having phoned a taxi for me to the train station the receptionist came out with me to instruct the driver.

The only thing I wasn't particularly impressed with was the restaurant. Breakfast was merely OK - on my first morning I opted for the Bulgarian breakfast which would have been good except for the banitsa being obviously reheated in the microwave, thus rendering it soggy. I tried the evening food once (guests get 10% discount from the menu price) and found that quite disappointing too - more on my restaurant reviews. Service though was friendly and attentive (and very attractive) and my complaints were niggly rather than major and so not really worth voiceing.

Unique Qualities: This was a very pleasant stay all round but the view from my room window lifted it to the realms of "A Great Experience". The night-time glory of the lit-up Tsaravets fortress was so stunning that I never closed my balcony curtains during the three days (and nights) of my stay. This is also a great place to catch the Tsaravets "Sound and Light" show and the hotel's rooftop terrace bar is one of the best viewpoints in town. Unfortunately there was no show during my stay but the view from the terrrace of both Tsaravets and over the city is nevertheless spectacular. See travelogue below for more pics.

The hotel's advertised rates are a little more expensive than average but I got a very good out-of-season rate via www.booking.com

Definitely worth checking out!

Address: Todor Lefterov 4, Veliko Turnovo, 5000, bg
Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: On a little side street heading towards the entrance to Tsaravets.
Phone: 062 604010
Price: US$20-40
Theme: Hotel

• Updated Apr 4, 2011

More Hotels in Veliko Turnovo (1)

Comments

johngayton

“The slow lane often gets you there faster”

Have you been to Veliko Turnovo?