Café Negro: "Literary Café and Great Music" Top 5 Page for this destination Bogotá Nightlife Tip by mircaskirca

Bogotá Nightlife: 35 reviews and 39 photos

canelazo
      Iván enjoying the atmosphere of Café Negro
    by mircaskirca

Bogotá has some of Colombia's best nightlife. Zona Rosa boats the city's most expensive restaurants and nightclubs but it lacks the bohemian charm of La Candelaria. This is where you'll find many traditional places and also eclectic cafés and bars visited by locals, students and artists. Though the area is not the safest late at night (be sure to grab a taxi, especially if you are alone) don't let this dissuade you from soaking up the atmosphere and experiencing the magic of Bogota's nightlife.

I was accompanied by my local friend Iván who wanted to bring me to a place I would like. We walked the streets of La Candelaria looking for something special. Some places changed since his last visit and then he thought of Café Negro. This literary café has two floors with wooden chairs and tables, and a sofa. Most of the walls are painted white with black music notes, others are red. Glass-cases with books hang from the walls. All the books are on sale and you can borrow magazines. Music and lighting create a relaxed atmosphere.

We had delicious canelazo while having a conversation and enjoying the ambience of the place. Time always passes quickly when you have fun. But I had to catch a night bus to Medellín so Iván accompanied me to Platypus. I took a taxi to the bus terminal and he went to a party. At that moment I would rather join him. After all, it was Friday night! :)

Address: Carrera 6 No. 8-07
Directions: La Candelaria
Phone: %s4%cb311 284 7519%s*%c*
Theme: Other

• Updated Feb 22, 2010

Comments

mircaskirca Visits Here Frequently!

Have you been to Bogotá?