Covered Arcades in Reims: "Covered arcades are pretty . . . and useful" Reims Shopping Tip by Beausoleil

Reims Shopping: 23 reviews and 26 photos

by Beausoleil

I always buy a couple nice scarves at a favorite shop in Strasbourg. Unfortunately, we arrived in Strasbourg on Sunday and the shop was closed. Time for Plan B . . .

Reims was the last city on our mostly rural vacation in France so I determined the scarves would be bought in Reims or not at all. As we walked from the Cathedral back to our hotel, I noticed a shopping arcade with a beautiful glass ceiling. A perfect opportunity!

I am not a shopper but was impressed at the number of different shops and the number of arcades. You leave one to enter another. Great for a rainy day!

I checked several stores to no avail and then spotted a small boutique for accessories. We entered to be greeted by three salespeople. They were all helpful and I finally found two scarves, one taken from a window display. I love them and they're great souvenirs of our trip.

What to buy: You can buy almost anything in the arcades . . . except possibly tourist-type souvenirs. It is set up for local shopping needs and we didn't see any souvenir shops. If you are looking for souvenirs, you may want to check small shops near the cathedral downtown.

What to pay: All price categories covered here. It's kind of like a 19th century shopping mall.

Directions: Between the Cathedral and Place Drouet d'Erlon
Theme: Other

• Written Feb 4, 2010

Comments

Beausoleil

“Live long enough to see it all.”

Have you been to Reims?