"The "Schleicherlaufen VT-meeting"" Telfs Local Custom Tip by lotharlerch

Telfs Local Customs: 2 reviews and 6 photos

by lotharlerch

Globetrott, MEdelmann and me
    by lotharlerch

After missing the Schleicherlaufen of 2000 and 2005 we (Globetrott, MEdelmann and me) met in my home for a rather "exclusive" (taking into account the number of participants) VT-member meeting January 29 - February 1, 2010. The most important topic of the meeting programme was to attend the "Schleicherlaufen 2010" with its central event on Sunday, January 31. On Friday evening we started with a nice dinner in my home (mainly freshly smoked charr from Pettnau fish smokery with "Vinschger" bread and a superb Weissburgunder (pinot blanc) wine from MEdelmann's own production in Göttlesbrunn - an incredibly perfect harmony of fish and wine).

On Saturday we made an excursion first to enjoy the panorama from Mösern with scenic views which you can find in two famous paintings of Albrecht Duerer (one of them a self-portrait with this background, now in the Prado Museum in Madrid). From there we continued to Seefeld and further on to Mittenwald in Bavaria (famous for manufactoring of violins and nice houses with paintings in upper-Bavarian baroque style, so-called "Lüftlmalerei") and to Garmisch-Partenkirchen with a visit of the frozen Eibsee lake below Germany's highest mountain and the brand new ski jumping trampolin in the historic ski stadium from the 1936 Winter Olympics. You may find most of this on the pages to come (from Globetrott and MEdelmann).

Sunday we attended the Schleicherlaufen which took most of the day (pages about this under construction or coming soon).

In the evenings we had nice chats about our various funny travel experiences.

Monday morning was time to say good-bye but we agreed to meet again long before the next "Schleicherlaufen" taking place in 2015...

• Updated May 8, 2010

More Local Customs in Telfs (1)

Comments

lotharlerch Lives Here!

lotharlerch