"relationships with Men in Morocco" Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Warnings Or Dangers Tip by angiebabe

Morocco Warnings and Dangers: 176 reviews and 134 photos

Well Rini and Pep, if your experience of Morocco has not included or uncovered the situations that I have been writing and warning about it does not necessarily mean that what Im writing and warning about is not valid - for those that are naiive and 'stupid' in your box that these people then go into if they do get involved I think that its not a bad idea to somehow give some sort of info that this sort of thing is happening - as there are many naiive women getting involved and Ive had an unusual number of experiences and years in Morocco to see a lot that a lot of normal travellers would not get to see or realise.
I know a number of women too who have been affected by the rort and its a rather professional wide scale rort - that can be beyond many normal tourists or travellers understanding of it happening - and Im not talking about not understanding that bad happens anywhere in the world - there are warnings in the Lonely Planet and other travel guides that give a fair coverage of this situation and I had read it myself prior to going and being in Morocco and in hindsight could not grasp on how fully fledged and deep rooted those issues do actually go and thats where Im talking about - that for example of one town in particular almost every acquaintance had ended up marrying a foreigner and had left the country - and I had seen many of them playing around, juggling, and been advised by other women that I had come into contact with of their chat-ups when the guy in question was waiting for his visa to come through to go off to be with his bride.
and these women will be women who 3 or 4 years later will find out that their husband/partner has got his passport and enough financial foundation to leave her and go back to Morocco to his Moroccan family and future bride.
and this is only part of it.
and if your opinion is that it is not really worth paying much attention to this subject well of course I agree but it is to the relevant parties - I have Moroccan friends and European men who live in Morocco who say the same - that women/foreign women should be aware that there are many out there not to trust as far as a relationship go and there are still many women who unfortunately do get charmed and think that its an okay thing to fall into and not realise just how different it and moroccan male mindset is in comparison to what we understand in some other/western cultures.
Its a poor country, with many men who have difficulty getting employment and a decent income combined with being a beautiful and enticing and rather exotic country that has been opening to tourism and independent travel - add sweet charming men who have learnt how to be sweet and charming and multilingual from a very young age - their body language and words and psyche gets very geared up to make them difficult to read past the sweetness and charm to see that they are manipulating and opportunist. and by pointing that out does not at all negate the beauty of the country or the people in general. Its still a country I spend a lot of time promoting.

so Rini Im not going to apologise for having been found to have written this sort of stuff in my pages and at the same time at other points through the Morocco forums and dont see that it negates what I have written in my pages as Ive had a lot of experience in Morocco and people take it quite freely . It is as valid even if not of the same value as the majority of getting around Morocco information that is also needed.

All the best.

Review Helpfulness: 4 out of 5 stars

• Written Jan 28, 2010

• Karctic's Profile Photo
    Apr 17, 2013 at 1:29 PM

I think the reality of these goings on is VERY relevant to sites such as this..and good on you for putting it out there. I am surprised anyone would think it out of pace to include facts such as this... I love Nepal and Africa and understand why the men there manipulate to extract themselves from their impoverished situation..why wouldn't they! Westerners would not always be the unwitting victims here...I'm sure many exploit the situation too. I just say FFS..keep it zipped and look at the views ( yeah we Aussies call spades spades ya know ;)

angiebabe Visits Here Frequently!

angiebabe

“be prepared, be respectful, try the food, meet the people, walk, walk, walk, keep your eyes open and take your camera”

Have you been to Morocco?