"wages" Egypt Favorite Tip by plantman_01

Egypt General: 631 reviews and 622 photos

Favorite thing: it depends on what type of job you are looking for. I am in the manufacturing sector and have extensive experience in building construction as well. I have enquired concerning a few jobs in the Middle East. There are jobs that pay $80-100000US plus, if you have the experience, qualifications and languages required. Most of these are with foreign ownership companies that are looking for one of their own to head up their companies and projects. There are also allot of Arab firms looking for outside expertise for their projects. These can be 1-5yrs contracts in duration and pay very. Most companies will sponsor you for your work visa as well as housing. These jobs are posted on many job sites if you are serious and have the qualification required. These jobs are very attractive but I found the atmosphere to be a very different environment to which I am used to. Local people, laws, politics and customs can be overwhelming depending on the country you come from. I spoke with a few people I now who relocated to the middle east. They enjoyed their work and the pay but felt very isolated, limited and restricted. The jobs are few and far between but are available. Going by what everyone else has posted average pay is low but also are expenses. I guess it just comes down to what you want out of life.
I am going to Hurghada on Feb 18 for 2 weeks. I would rather just visit.
P

• Written Jan 28, 2010

Comments

plantman_01's Related Pages

plantman_01

“always ready for adventure”

Ranked Member