"If god created a hell on earth I fould it" Nigeria Favorite Tip by williamusa324u

Nigeria General: 45 reviews and 45 photos

Favorite thing: Nigeria is a dangerous dirty place. I was there for 2 years and was sick all the time. I had glads I never thought existed in ones body. Food was something I have never seen before. The Nigerians eat something they call garrey. Its a greasy pasty looking something that I was unable to determine what it was made out of. The poverty level is incredible with many people hungry in the streets. the roads and traffic is almost unbearable. Although generally the people are very friendly and seem like people from USA and Europe they still have an aggressive way about them. I dont recommend walking to far in the daytime and never at night. At this time there is a severe struggle between the government and armed bandits in the river delta area. They often drill into oil pipelines trying to steal the oil causing pipeline explosions. Also they often try to steal copper wire from live transformers creating power outages when the cut into live power lines always cooking them to a crisp. Not a place to visit unless you have business there and a small security detail.

Fondest memory: my fondest memory was on the airplane getting ready for takeoff

• Written Jan 27, 2010

Comments

williamusa324u Used To Live Here!

williamusa324u

“the world is my playground”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Have you been to Nigeria?