"Popular with the locals." Top 5 Page for this destination Ban Phonsavan Things to Do Tip by planxty

Ban Phonsavan Things to Do: 35 reviews and 51 photos

Bar View Restaurant, Phonsavanh, Lao.
by planxty

One evening whilst riding about on my scooter, I fancied a beer at sunset as is my wont, and I happened upon a place that I would suggest gets little tourist activity due to it's slightly out of the way location. It has the slightly odd name of Bar View Restaurant and was quite full with local Lao youngsters enjoying the pumping Lao / Thai pop music and sharing a beer. Whilst I was offered a full menu in English and Lao, I was really only after a drink, having already set my sights on another place for the evening meal. It was strange to be so close to the middle of a provincial capital looking over fields and watching men in the distance drive their buffalo along a road. Still, this is rural Lao and you see things like that all the time.

If you have transport of your own I recommend this purely for the novelty value of probably being the only traveller there.

Directions: Go to the extreme east of the main drag where it forks and go right. It is about 1km. on the right.

• Written Jan 26, 2010

Comments

planxty

“I have declared myself an unsafe building!”

Have you been to Ban Phonsavan?