"The Brickskeller - DuPont Circle" Top 5 Page for this destination Washington D.C. Restaurant Tip by Ewingjr98

Washington D.C. Restaurants: 625 reviews and 780 photos

Beer here is good, food here is average at best. I stopped in one warm winter night hoping they had the Penguins game on Versus, and sure enough they did, right in front of the seat I chose at the bar. I started my night off with one of my favorites, a Belgian Leffe Blonde ($6.25), then I moved on to a Brooklyn "Blast" IPA ($7) for the rest of my evening... I didn't realize until a few few beers later that the IPA was about 9% abv--wow! For dinner I had the crab soup ($3.50), which was excellent, and the buffalo burger ($9), medium, which was dry and needed lots of Heinz ketchup (from the old fashioned glass bottle) just to make it edible.

All in all this is a great little neighborhood pub with an enormous beer selection, but pretty poor food and average service., Good for a once-in-a-while stopover, but not a place I'd hang out regularly unless I lived a block or two away.

The beer list is huge, over 1000 choices, which supposedly gives this bar the claim to fame of having the most beers in the world. The Brickskeller has been in existence since 1957, and some of the less popular beers have probably been around since then.

Address: 1523 22nd St NW Washington, DC 20037
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Two blocks west of DuPont Circle, near Embassy Row
Phone: (202) 293-1885
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 3
Website: http://www.lovethebeer.com

• Updated Jan 28, 2010

“"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." ~ Ernest Hemingway”

Have you been to Washington D.C.?