El Puente del Nido: "Pescadería" Top 5 Page for this destination Typical Colombian Dishes Tip by mircaskirca

Typical Colombian Dishes, Bogotá: 15 reviews and 31 photos

La Fuente de Nico
    by mircaskirca

Given the fact that Bogotá lies at high altitude surrounded by the Andes mountain range, strolling the streets of downtown I came across the district with surprisingly lot of seafood restaurants, pescaderías and cevicherías. I chose El Puente del Nido, a medium-sized unpretentious pescadería where local people use to come to have their lunch.

The restaurant offers a great variety of seafood dishes, from ceviche, arroz de marisco (seafood rice), arroz con camarones (shrimp rice) to fried fish, sancocho and cazuela de marisco (seafood casserole).

Favorite Dish: After more than five weeks in Colombia it was time for me to say goodbye (a few hours later I had my flight back to Europe). I decided to have my last cazuela de marisco which seemed to be a good choice. It was full of shrimp, clams, octopus, squid, lobster and fish. The dish was served with arroz con coco (coconut rice), french fries, patacon (fried plantain) and limes. It came with a jug of cold aguapanela.

Cazuela de marisco was delicious and I loved coconut rice. The whole meal was 12.000 COP (January 2010).

Address: Calle 22 with Carrera 8
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: downtown
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 4
Theme: Seafood

• Updated Feb 18, 2010

mircaskirca Visits Here Frequently!

Have you been to Bogotá?