VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Eiscafe Italia: "Have a break from shopping" Bautzen Restaurant Tip by german_eagle

Bautzen Restaurants: 15 reviews and 58 photos

young folks have a shopping break

young folks have a shopping break
      crepes + juice
  • - Bautzen

Sometimes even a dedicated non-shopper has to go shopping. The Kornmarkt Center is an average shopping mall, not too big and not too crowded and right in the city centre which is a plus in my book. After a (short) while I use to get tired of shopping, though, and start looking for a place to have a break. These modern Italian cafes are not exactly my favourites, but this one is not too sterile. And it is a great place for people watching :-)

Update: I went back in 2013. It's still a great place for people watching. Especially if the weather is unpleasant (rain).

Favorite Dish: I had tuna crêpe and a strawberry juice. While the juice was really excellent (and quite pricey) the crêpe was just ok. The bill was 7 Euro, almost exactly USD 10.

Update: In 2013 no crêpes anymore. I just had a hot chocolate, which was not good. Too watery. The waitress said they made it with milk, but I cannot believe it, sorry. She was very friendly and apologetic about it, offered not to charge and to serve something else instead. Looking around I saw most people had ice-cream, that's what I'd try next time, I guess.

Address: Kornmarkt 7, 02625 Bautzen
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: in the shopping mall "Kornmarkt Center"
Phone: (03591) 531991
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 0
Theme: Other
Website: http://www.gelati-bautzen.de

• Updated Jan 29, 2013

Have you been to Bautzen?