"Underwhelmed" Hawthorn Chandler Tip by toddecus

Hawthorn Chandler, Chandler: 230 reviews and 2 photos

We normally stay down the street by the chandler fashion square, but everything was booked this year in our price range. While the Hawthorne Suites was available I now know why. We needed a suite to stay in with a baby and all the presents we brought with us to exchange with family. At first We were reasonably happy, but then it started.
First the toilet chain broke so I had to use a fork from the kitchen to grab the chain to flush the toilet. Then my wife found a cockroach in our bedroom. I killed it and called the night manager. He offered to move us but it was late and the baby was asleep. The next morning we were awoken every 5 minutes to the sound of the pool gate clanging close.
The furniture was overly cheap and uncomfortable, and the bed worse than a motel 6.
The second night I was kept awake by a high pitch whining noise form the janitor closet that was next to our room.
The walls are paper thin.

The upsides: The staff was friendly and responsive.

In general this prorperty seems a little rundown and unmaintained. Be sure to get a room away from the pool gates and away from doorways.

Unique Qualities: Pool cabana area was nice if you were visiting to vacation during warm weather it might have been nice.

Address: 5858 W Chandler Blvd., Chandler, Arizona, 85226, United States
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: NE Corner behind the Comfort Inn. You can turn in at the comfort inn and drive around back to get there.
Phone: 602-705-8881
Price: US$40-80
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.hawthorn.com/hotels/arizona/chandler/hawthorn-suites-by-wyndham-chandler-phoenix-area/hotel-overview

• Written Jan 14, 2010

“People are people wherever I go. VT Staff”

Have you been to Chandler?