Phonetically "Seeds" bar.: "A night on the wrong side of the tracks." Top 5 Page for this destination Prachuap Khiri Khan Nightlife Tip by planxty

Prachuap Khiri Khan Nightlife: 3 reviews and 6 photos

Beer vendor, nightclub, Prachuap Khirikhan.
by planxty

Beer vendor, nightclub, Prachuap Khirikhan.
    by planxty
      Band, nightclub, Prachuap Khirikhan.
    by planxty

One evening in PKK a Thai friend suggested that I might like to listen to some live music, which seemed an excellent idea, so off we headed to the wrong side of the tracks. When I say that, I mean it literally as the main railway line from Bangkok to Surat Thani fairly effectively cuts the city in two. To the seaward side are the tourist, administrative and commercial districts whilst the landward side is the residential area. There are only about three crossing points in the place and one of them is what looks like a cross between a road and a storm drain. At two metres clearance, I know men who could not walk upright through it.

We arrived at the venue, the name of which I have no idea as it is in Thai, but is pronounced something like Seeds Bar where we were joined by a couple of May's friends. I was certainly the only European in the place, and would not be at all surprised if that was generally the case. It was then that I was introduced to the largest beer dispenser I have ever seen (pictured). It was simply huge with a central column for ice and a tap on the bottom. It was served by a young Thai girl, the Beer Chang girl which reminded me of another SE Asian custom. In certain bars, each brand of beer is represented by one or more girls, so your waitress depends on what you are drinking in contrast to the European way.

The band took to the stage at about 10 and set about knocking out a selection of Thai rock and pop songs. In fairness, they were young and enthusiastic rather than technically brilliant but they did a decent show and were well received.

With the possible exception of the MC Club bar on the seafront, this place seems to stay open a lot later than other places in town.

Dress Code: None that I could see.

Directions: Go under the railway as described and ask locally for direcrtions.
Theme: Live Music

• Written Jan 12, 2010

More Nightlife in Prachuap Khiri Khan (1)

Comments

planxty

“Where's the bar?”

Have you been to Prachuap Khiri Khan?