Trattoria Pizzeria da Alvise: "Friendly Pizzeria/Trattoria- Cannaregio" Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Restaurant Tip by suvanki

Venice Restaurants: 799 reviews and 1,029 photos

Trattoria Pizzeria da Alvise - menu
      Trattoria Pizzeria da Alvise - my pizza
      From Trattoria Pizzeria da Alvise to San Michele

CANAREGGIO

VAPORETTO- FONDAMENTE NOVE

Christmas Day, lunchtime, this was where I ended up, and I was quite pleased that I did!

A friendly pizzeria/ trattoria with two rooms. The one with the bar (Left side, as you enter) has views over the lagoon. I was ushered into the right hand sided room, which was quite empty at first, but soon filled up, with 3 family/ friends groups.

Although I was by myself, I felt quite comfortable - I enjoyed watching these families of 3 generations, celebrating their Christmas gathering. During the meal, a friendly gentleman appeared from the kitchen (I'm guessing he was the owner) wearing a Santa hat. He went to each table-greeting his guests and having a chat and a joke.

Trattoria Pizzeria da Alvise specialises in Venetian and Neopolitan cuisine, as well as having an extensive range of pizzas. They stock a good selection of local Veneto wines, as well as wines from other areas, and beers too.

Seafood/Fish/Meat dishes/Pasta etc. See web page for menu.

A cosy restaurant, with wooden furnishings. Cream walls, half panelled with dark wood, and wide archways.
In summer months, tables are placed on the outside terrace, with views over to San Michele, Murano and the lagoon.

Air Conditioned.

Table reservation by telephone/fax or online

Credit cards accepted

Favorite Dish: I chose a Pizza with smoked Austrian ham, double cream, tomato, mozzarello cheese etc. A half carafe of house red and a jug of sparkling water.

My pizza was quite big-I couldn't eat it all, so I asked if this could be wrapped for me to take away (I enjoyed it later with a glass of wine in my room).

I need to find my receipt for the price-It know it was a reasonable price for my Christmas Dinner!

I'd certainly eat here again-and next time I'd try their recommended mixed salad, which was served in a shell.

Address: Cannaregio 5045 / A - 30131 Venezia
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: From Fondamente Nove Vaporetto stop, turn Left - this place is just a few metres away.
Phone: . 041.5204185 fax 041.520418
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 4
Theme: Local
Website: http://www.daalvise.com/dynalay.asp?PAGINA=259&LINGUA=EN

• Updated Jul 31, 2010

Comments

suvanki

“Enjoy Yourself -It's later than you think!”

Have you been to Venice?