"having fun in Shanghai" Shanghai Things to Do Tip by Changdi

Shanghai Things to Do: 1,087 reviews and 2,293 photos

I was just in Beijing and Shanghai Nov 12-21. I loved what I saw in Beijing and Shanghai AND I would go back to Shanghai in a heartbeat. It's a city that is a lot of fun. It's still naughty. We laughed and carried on there. We saw a dare devil set of motorcycle riders in a metal cage on a stage with acrobats. We had drinks in the Park and Grand Hyatts. We rode the Bund train which is like a trip out of the 1960s. If you are on Facebook, my husband has a video of that on his facebook page. We rode the maglev train from the financial district to Pudong airport. I lingered a long time over the opera exhibit in the Shanghai Museum. We went a Japanese bar run by Chinese and drank sake. We had the most incredible dumplings near Yuyuan gardens -- imagine drinking hot soup through a straw but the soup is inside a big dumpling!

One thing to know is World Expo is bringing a lot of people to Shanghai and reservations might be hard to get. Traffic is awful there but the subway is like Beijing's and that means first class!

• Written Jan 1, 2010

“carpe diem”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Have you been to Shanghai?