"Scuba Diving In Sihanoukville" Krong Preah Seihanu Sports & Outdoors Tip by CEP1863

The Dive Boat
by CEP1863

Wherever I travel, I like to scuba dive and so it was on this premise that I went diving here in Sihanoukville. I chose EcoSea Dive as the operators to dive with.

I did two dives "Corner Bar" and "Mining Corner" both easy and straightforward dives max depths approx 15m. The dive boat was fine and the crew were both friendly and very helpful. The centre claimed to be a Mares Dive Centre but the condition of the equipment was poor. The pre-dive briefing were scant and devoid of any real information and it turned out that there was no dive guide actually leading the dive. Upon diving, I found that my depth gauge did not work, the guy I was buddied up with had a compass that did not work and his bar gauge was functioning intermittently.

Fish life was not as plentiful as is claimed; I was told later that in the past dynamite fishing had taken place in the area and quite possibly this was the reason, I did see blue spotted ray and several crown of thorns starfish.

Equipment: Of the equipment that I hired, the basics - masks and fins were fine. The wet suits were very worn and clearly had seen better days, BCD's were in better condition.

I would however strongly advise anyone intending to dive with this outfit to take their own their own regulator as diving with the ones belonging to the dive centre was hazardous to say the least. This and the lack of fish life stopped me diving for a second day.

Address: Near Golden Lions Traffic Island
Phone: 012 654 104
Theme: Scuba Diving

• Updated Apr 4, 2011

“Experience is not what happens to us, rather it is what we do with what happens to us. ”

Have you been to Krong Preah Seihanu?