"ABAI JUNGLE LODGE" Top 5 Page for this destination Sandakan Things to Do Tip by balhannah

Sandakan Things to Do: 113 reviews and 238 photos

Abai Jungle Lodge
by balhannah

We visited this lodge twice on our trip on the Kinabatangan River. (S.I. Tours)

On the way up, we reached the lodge which is located at 47 km from the river mouth of Kinabatangan River, just in time for lunch. It takes about 1 hours boat ride from Sandakan jetty or from Sukau to reach the restaurant/lodge.
Our meal was nice, and local foods such as fresh water prawn & fresh water fish were cooked.

Abai Village just in front of Abai Jungle Restaurant, both places have no water and electric supply, no road but Government provide water tank and solar to the villagers.

On the return trip, I had time to check out the lodge and thought it was very nice.
I then went for a walk, hoping to see some wildlife, as they have a notice board with what wildlife has been spotted on previous days, and one of them was a Clouded leopard.
I didn't see anything, (it was in the middle of the day, and not the best time for wildlife spotting) but the trail was nice on a boardwalk through the Jungle to a Bird Tower.

WHAT YOU MAY SEE ARE.....
Birds, monkeys such as Silvered Langur, Maroon Langur, Hose Langur, Wild Orang Utan , clouded Leopard AND Sun Bear.

I think you may have to stay overnight to be able to see some of these Animals.

Address: Abai Jungle Lodge

• Written Dec 26, 2009

Comments

balhannah

“Don't wait till you retire to travel, do it now!”

Have you been to Sandakan?