"Galadari Colombo - not up to scratch" Galadari Tip by socheid

Galadari, Colombo: 740 reviews and 7 photos

I booked into this place for 3 nights. There is on irony on turning on the tv in the room as you are met with a promo video extolling the 5 star luxury of the hotel. This place is not worthy of that description and not worth the cash paid.

Unique Qualities: The room I was given was grotty and tatty and looks like it hasn't been modernised since the early 80s. Some electrical cables don't look safely wired. The strip light in the bathroom makes a loud humming noise. The phone in the room is antiquated. I asked for another room but since the corridors are similarly in need of refurb, I wasn't optimistic I would be given anything better. Sure enough the same issues were in the other room. Also the internet access ($15 US extra per day) didn't work and needed me to ring reception to ask for someone to make it work. I was advised to ring switchboard who would connect me to someone to trouble shoot the issue.

Unhappy with the service, I ended my stay there early to move to another hotel. When I went to check out, the hotel wanted to bill me for the 2 phone calls to the tech support people.

The hotel location doesn't help either as it is a good 20 min walk to the centre of the city.

Address: 64 Lotus Road, Colombo, 10732, Sri Lanka
Price Comparison: about average
Phone: +94 11 2 544544
Price: US$120-180
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.galadarihotel.lk/

• Written Dec 26, 2009

Comments

socheid

“"Travel for travel's sake" - Robert Louis Stevenson”

Have you been to Colombo?