Poseidon: "What The Greeks Do Best!" Santorini Island Restaurant Tip by johngayton

Santorini Island Restaurants: 212 reviews and 407 photos

The restaurant in daylight.
by johngayton

The restaurant in daylight.
      Orkeana with Ritaz and Rusket
    by johngayton

Definitely the best way to eat out in Greece is in company. Order a range of appetizers to share to fully appreciate the diversity of the cuisine and then if you want anything individual as a main course you can do so.

Here at Poseidon my company for the main Sunday dinner, during Euromeet2007, numbered eighty-odd and boy did the restaurant do us proud!

Obviously eating as a large group I can't really comment on what the norm is for the place but everything was great. Eating outside in the balmy early June heat was a pleasure. The service was outstanding, food just kept flowing as did the beers and wine. Obviously we created our own ambience but I can imagine that even when a bit quieter this would be a pleasant place to eat.

Favorite Dish: We were on a set-menu but absolutely nothing wrong with that. Appetizers, of which there seemed a never-ending array, included the usual Feta salad, mixed salads and the local bean speciality, along with copious quantities of delicous bread. For main course I had opted for the swordfish which came as a huge freshly-grilled steak with home-made chips and yet more salad. I think there was also something for pudding but Carlos and I opted for more beer instead!

Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Just off the main square, beside the bus station.
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 5
Theme: Local

Review Helpfulness: 2 out of 5 stars

• Written Dec 25, 2009

Comments

johngayton

“The slow lane often gets you there faster”

Have you been to Santorini Island?