"Sa Ri One Korean Restaurant - Tampa" Top 5 Page for this destination Tampa Restaurant Tip by Ewingjr98

Tampa Restaurants: 286 reviews and 570 photos

Sa Ri One (or, perhaps more properly Sa Ri Won) is the only Korean restaurant I have discovered in the Tampa area. It sits along I-275, clearly visible to passing motorists, but is kind of hard to find. They have a tiny parking lots that gets full even when only half of the tables in the establishment are full.

We arrived one Saturday night after Christmas shopping on nearby Dale Mabry St, and were starving after skipping breakfast and lunch. We started with the haemul jeon, which is a spicy Korean pancake stuffed with pieces of seafood such as octopus and squid. For our meals we decided on the traditional Kalbi ribs and the samgyopsal, with is basically bacon. The meals came with a variety of classic Korean sides such as bean sprouts, kimchi, and spinach.

The food was pretty good, but I was disappointed that it didn't live up to the great meals I enjoyed in Korea. The kalbi was cut wrong (across the bone rather than with the bone), and the only samgyopsal option had kimchi mixed in and didn't taste freshly cooked. Furthermore, I'd hoped the meat might be grilled on the table in front of us. Oh well, not a bad place!

Address: 3940 W Cypress St Tampa, FL 33606
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Phone: (813) 874-2911
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 3
Theme: Pan-Asian and Pacific Rim

• Updated Nov 2, 2011

Comments

Ewingjr98

“"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." ~ Ernest Hemingway”

Have you been to Tampa?