Schwartz's: "The world-famous Hebrew delicatessen" Schwartz's Tip by fairy_dust

Schwartz's, Montreal: 29 reviews and 32 photos

Schwartz's is a small place on the St. Laurent Boulevard, but it's super-famous for its smoked meat. Lots of celebrities have eaten there. There are usually crowds of people waiting outside, though if you're alone or only a party of 2, you won't have to wait long since they can seat you at the bar instead of waiting for a table to be available.

Don't even bother coming in if you're a vegetarian, this is a meat-lover's heaven! Aside from smoked meat, there are steaks, liver steaks, chicken, and sausages.

As I live close to Schwartz's, I've learned this lesson the hard way (though it wasn't an unpleasant lesson to learn) - never walk past Schwartz's on an empty stomach. The smell coming from the place is just too tempting...

Favorite Dish: I usually get a medium smoked meat sandwich (I find lean to be a little dry) and a pickle. I never order a sandwich there without a pickle! That's enough to fill me up. Occasionally (if I'm REALLY hungry) I'll also get a plate of fries and/or a cherry coke. I've tried the Schwartz's combo (steak, sandwich, frankfurter sausage, fries, pickle, bread) and though it was delicious, I can't believe I ate the whole thing (well, except the bread - I brought it home with me!).

Address: 3895 St Laurent Blvd
Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: St Laurent Boulevard, between Duluth and Roy.
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 5
Theme: Deli

• Written Dec 23, 2009

Comments

fairy_dust Lives Here!

fairy_dust

“Draco Dormiens Nunquam Tittilandus”

Have you been to Montreal?