"Quartiere San Giuliano" Top 5 Page for this destination Gubbio Favorite Tip by Trekki
Gubbio General: 19 reviews and 75 photos
Favorite thing: San Giuliano is east of San Martino, both are divided only by the riverbed of Camignano (dry in summer). Its symbol is the falcon and its main church is not San Giovanni Battista (“Don Matteo’s church”) but the tiny chiesa San Giuliano next to Palazzo Bargello in Via Consoli. It is also seat of the Università dei Sarti, the dressmakers or tailors. Fontana dei Matti’s, the famous fountain, name, by the way, is Fonte di San Giuliano. The best view over San Giuliano is from the balcony of Palazzo dei Consoli (see photo). Famous buildings in this quartiere are of course Palazzo dei Consoli and Palazzo Bargello, Casa Sant’Ubaldo in Via Baldassini below Piazza Grande, the park Ranghiasci and chiesa San Giovanni Battista.
© Ingrid D., December 2009 (So please do not copy my text or photos without my permission.)
More General in Gubbio (14)
More Reviews (62)
- See All Festa dei Ceri: highlight of Gubbio's...
- See All Fresh pasta – to die for
- See All Authentic Eugubini dishes, no tourists
- See All Festa di Ceri - GET OUT OF THE WAY!
- Endless hiking, hang-gliding and caves
- See All THE meeting point in Gubbio
- See All Abbazia San Verecondo and SanFrancesco
- See All Home away from home: Residenza Via...
- Good and comfortable shoeas are a MUST!
- See All How to reach Gubbio
- See All Don’t get trapped in the narrow streets!
Been to Gubbio?Share your travels with the world!
Trekki's Related Pages
Have you been to Gubbio?Share Your Travels