HÔTEL DES MILLE COLLINES: "THE REAL 'HOTEL RWANDA'" Top 5 Page for this destination Africa Hotel Tip by DAO
Africa Hotels: 189 reviews and 614 photos
This hotel is famous because the manager of the hotel in 1994, Paul Rusesabagina, gave shelter to 1000 Tutsis during the Genocide across Rwanda. Built in 1973, it is a world class 4 star hotel renowned for its pool bar and hang-out spot of many ex-pats.
There are 112 rooms and suites in the hotel and conference facilities for any business event. Below I have highlighted some of their key facilities.
Pool side rooms: 50
City side rooms: 54
Senior Suites: 3
* Every room has a mini bar. Satellite TV, small safe, and laptop cables for internet access. There is wifi in parts of the hotel.
On the 4th floor with view over the city. You get a pianist and saxophonist whether you like it or not. French and international cuisine with a smart casual dress code. It is open for breakfast from 06:00 - 10:30 for breakfast and 19:00 - 23:00 for dinner.
The star of the show. A decidedly casual affair with live music (type varies) on Tues. & Thurs. They have a daily lunch buffet then just snack and of course ? drinks. Open from 10:00 - 24:00.
This 4th floor establishment requires smart casual dress and offers live music. They are only open from 19:00 - 02:00 on Fridays and Saturdays.
* Swimming pool * Gym * Tennis court with lighting * Golf course nearby
* Business centre * Tours (including Gorilla Tracking) * Gift shop
You can also pick up a free copy of ?The Eye? Magazine with listing of local events and restaurants.
* PLEASE NOTE: The hotel shown in the famous movie is actually in South Africa.
Address: Avenue de l'Armée / Avenue de la République, Kiyovu, Kigali, Rwanda
Price Comparison: most expensive
Phone: +250(0)252 576530
More Reviews (312)
- See All Don?t Bother in Massawa
- See All The Flag of Burkina Faso
- See All Its Officially a Joke in Burkina Faso
- See All RETURN GLASS BOTTLES
- See All USEFUL IN TOGO
- See All THE STREET TAILORS
- See All KOLOBENG NATIONAL MEMORIAL - BOTSWANA
- See All A HUNDRED WAYS TO DIE
- See All THE GREATEST MARATHON RUNNER IN THE...
- See All SHONGOLOLO !
- See All SINK PLUGS
- See All FOOTBALL ? THE INTERNATIONAL SPORT
DAO's Related Pages
Have you been to Africa?Share Your Travels