MAKALANI HOTEL - TSUMEB, NAMIBIA: "THE OASIS ON THE ROAD" Top 5 Page for this destination Africa Hotel Tip by DAO

Africa Hotels: 189 reviews and 614 photos

THE RESIDENT CROCODILE !
by DAO

THE RESIDENT CROCODILE !
    by DAO
  • THE OASIS ON THE ROAD - Africa

This is a great hotel. It's small and intimate. I really felt at home here. The staff checked me into a very nice room with a fantastic bathroom, huge closets, comfortable beds and lots of mirrors. I was introduced to the resident crocodile (pictured), had a good swim in the pool, ate my lovely dinner poolside and even washed my car! I had a few cold beers and then a great nights sleep in my air-conditioned room.

You can watch sports in their pool-side Lapa and also eat dinner here. Most rooms have a balcony and overlook the Lapa and pool surrounded by the gardens. Your car is safe inside the compound which is patrolled by very nice security guards. They even showed me where the high pressure water hose was so I could have a good wash of my car. And the staff? The reception ladies kept me laughing during my whole stay. The bar and restaurant staff were always polite and helpful. I really felt very welcomed here.

This hotel is set in it's own gardens and is a real oasis of relaxation. If you are driving in Northern Namibia - stay at least one night here.

Unique Qualities:
A nice pool with a great restaurant alongside. A very good buffet breakfast in the morning. Comfortable beds with coffee/tea making facilities in your room. Excellent and exotic decor. Fantastic staff who keep you laughing.

They also offer:
? Conference and full businesss facilities
? Satelite TV in every room
? Can make you packed breakfasts and lunches to take with you
? All 28 rooms are en-suite and remote control air-conditioned

Address: P.O Box 24, Tsumeb Namibia
Price Comparison: most expensive
Directions: On the West end of 4TH Rd.
othercontact: makalani@mweb.com.na
Phone: +264 (67) 221051
Price: US$20-40
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.makalanihotel.com/

• Written Dec 15, 2009

Comments

DAO

“???????ds ??o? u??q ???? p?no?s ? ???? ??s ? ?ou ??poq??os ?q o? p??u?? s????? ? '???? ?? ???”

Have you been to Africa?