Select Cut Steak House: "North of Downtown - Great Steak and Ribs" Select Cut Steak House Tip by riorich55

Select Cut Steak House, Chicago: 1 reviews and 4 photos

Small Dining Area with Bar

Small Dining Area with Bar
      Picture from Across the Street
      Sue's Sirloin and Baked Potato
      Rich's Rack of Ribs and Fries
    by riorich55

After we had finished visiting the German Christmas market in downtown Chicago we hopped aboard the Brown Line "L" train to the journey back to where we parked our car near the Addison St stop. From there we headed back to our oldest son's place near Diversey and Sheridan for a short visit. While we were there I looked through our newly acquired Chicago Entertainment book and found a steak place on Halsted near Diversey. As it is only about a 5 block walk from our son's place and we already had a parking spot we decided to walk in the 30 F degree weather making a short stop en route at a card store.

We walked into the dining area by the bar and were immediately seated. This room with the bar consisted of about 8 tables. We subsequently noticed that they had a room on the other side of the bar area which probably consisted of about 15 more tables. Our server was a very friendly woman who proceded to bring several cuts of steak to our table and then took our order.

Favorite Dish: I had seen ribs on the menu and since I hadn't had any for a while decided to go with the whole rack of ribs with french fries. Since it was a chilly walk I also opted for a bowl of shrimp bisque soup. Sue ordered the special of the day, a sirloin steak with baked potato and peapods. From other reviews I've read since last evening everybody agrees this is a very quality steakhouse, which costs less then steakhouses in downtown and after our visit I concur.

I started out with a Chicago Goose Island Honkers Ale which was very smooth and went perfect with the ribs. A hot loaf of bread preceded our meal and was also very tasty. The Shrimp Bisque was a very good value at $3.50 for a bowl and had just the right flavor for me. Sue's steak and my ribs were done just right. I'm not a big steak eater, other then filets, but from the one taste I had of Sue's it literally melted in your mouth. Again, we are not that big of eaters, so we are looking forward to leftovers tomorrow evening.

Address: 2808 N. Halsted
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: In the Lakeview East area of Chicago. 1/4 block north of Diversey
Phone: 1 773 244 1500
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 4
Theme: Steakhouse
Website: http://www.selectcut.com

• Updated May 13, 2011

Comments

riorich55 Visits Here Frequently!

riorich55

“"There is no better high then discovery"”

Have you been to Chicago?