South Zion Bed & Breakfast Hostel: "Zions Backyard, Water Canyon & The Polygamy Tour!" Zion National Park Hotel Tip by mrcarl

Zion National Park Hotels: 50 reviews and 64 photos

The Backdoor to Zions hike to water canyon

The Backdoor to Zions hike to water canyon
      South Zion Bed & Breakfast Hostel
    by mrcarl
      your photo taken with actual polygamists?
    by mrcarl
      Here the rooms are nicer than most hotels
    by mrcarl
      The nearby polygamy town tour
    by mrcarl

I found this lovely Bed & Breakfast hostel via a Google search for: 'hostel 84737'

Our hosts were accommodating with our schedule & my two daugthers 8-13 yrs old. His home has 4 bedrooms on a fenced 1 acre property, 1 shared hostel room & 2 private rooms.

A huge breakfast was included in the price of our room. We loved his potatoes & eggs!!! In fact my daughters wouldn't stop talking about how great the breakfast was. The 2nd morning we ate waffles like the 'rich people' eat, with fruit & whipped cream on top.

On our 2nd day our host & tour guide, took us on a 1 hour long hike up to 'Water Canyon' it's a lovely hike & until now, relatively unknown to tourists. This hike was the most impressive I've ever been on. Your tour of Zion's in NOT complete without going on this hike.

Unique Qualities: On the day of our arrival, after hearing that my daughters, were hungry, he cooked them some organic waffles with fruit & whipped cream. "Breakfast for dinner today! right girls" They instantly loved the entire 4 day stay. They won't ever forget it.

We took the a personal tour of the polygamy town Colorado City, AZ. Our host, Host is a photographer and invited us for a tour. My friends from Nevada had arrived by then & our entire group came along, 12 people.

The host/tour guide took a lot of photos & video of us and our friends.

The tour which was almost 4 hrs long included a stops at
* the Dairy store (don't miss the ice cream cones & 'squeaky cheese')
* the park- which we all rode the worlds biggest slide. Children & adults had a blast.
* the hike to Big Rock= we were amazed by the sandstone formation & climbed to the top of Big Rock

After our wonderful tour, our host/guide put the photos/videos of our tour onto a DVD for us and presented us with a cherished vacation keepsake that the kids are still showing to their friends.

(Well I admit that I get a real kick from showing it to my friends as well)

Address: 1333 E Big pinion Lane, Apple Valley, UT 84737
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: 15 miles east of Hurricane on Highway 59,
If you have GPS, Enter city name: Hurricane Utah, address: 9129 E Pinion lane (GPS maps are still using the old address as of Dec 2009)

othercontact: Twitter coupons available http:/
Phone: (435) 767-1133
Price: US$40-80
Theme: Bed and Breakfast
Website: http://www.airbnb.com/users/show/24681

• Updated Dec 5, 2009

Comments

mrcarl

“Living in only 1 place your whole life is like reading only 1st chapter of a really good book.”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Have you been to Zion National Park?