Trenton Bridge Lobster Pound: "Do Not Miss!!" Trenton Restaurant Tip by bekssa

Trenton Restaurants: 2 reviews and 10 photos

This place was quite an experience for anyone not familiar with this type of restaurant. In the midwest, where we come from, most lobster places are fairly upscale--except for maybe Red Lobster. We have nothing like this. So if you are a tourist--this is a must see and do--even if you don't like lobster. Get something else. Just go. From the chalkboard menus on the walls, to selecting a massive lobster from a freezer and then watching them bundle it up in a net and then take it outside to boil it in the huge pots (and yes, you can go out and watch)--it was quite an experience. I saw people taking pictures at the tables as they waved their dinner's giant claws at the camera. I am, unfortunately, not a lobster eater so I got mussels, my husband got a huge lobster. Excellent food and so much fun. There is a sink in the back of the restaurant to wash your hands before and/or after you eat.

Tables may be hard to come by so send someone to go save a spot and take turns going outside to see the lobster pots. We shared a table with some nice people that we didn't know. Just a small but friendly place. I think I read that they are closed on Sundays.

Favorite Dish: To be honest--it had to be the blueberry pie. I am one of those people that always has to try something at least once and I also always order things that a particular part of the country is famous for. I just don't want to miss anything wonderful--you never know. Well, that philosophy really paid off this time!! I ordered blueberry pie ONLY because I had read it was big in Maine restaurants. In the past, I've never had anything made with blueberries that I really cared for. OMG--I discovered that I didn't have a clue what blueberry desserts were supposed to taste like. I fell so much in love with blueberries because of that pie that I continued trying to find blueberries every place we ate in Maine.

Address: 1237 Bar Harbor Rd, Trenton
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Phone: (207) 667-2977
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 5
Theme: Seafood

• Written Nov 28, 2009

“Plan but be ready for good surprises”

Ranked Member

Have you been to Trenton?