"Car" Top 5 Page for this destination Lampang Transportation Tip by Willettsworld

Lampang Transportation: 7 reviews and 6 photos

In order to visit the National Elephant Institute and Wat Phra That Lampang Luang, I noticed some guys hanging around outside the Pin Hotel which was behind my hotel, the Kim. I managed to negotiate with one guy called Noi (who's tiny - just a little taller than his car, as you can see in the picture), a price down from 800 baht to 600 baht which I didn't think was too bad considering the distances between the two places in relation to Lampang.

We first set off to the National Elephant Institute, which is about 33km north-west of the town, along the main highway that goes to Chiang Mai. We arrived there in good time to see one of the shows which started at 10am. After the show and an elephant ride, I got back to the car and Noi took me to the wonderful Wat Phra That Lampang Luang, which is about 20km south-west of Lampang along some of the back roads. We reached there at about 11.45pm and I spent a good hour or so there before we headed back into Lampang for lunch. Noi's a nice guy and I recommend him to you if you want to do the same trip.

Type: Car/Motor Home

• Written Nov 28, 2009

“"Don't listen to what they say. Go see." ~ Chinese proverb”

Have you been to Lampang?