"Sail Away on a Hobie Kat" Top 5 Page for this destination Providenciales Island Sports & Outdoors Tip by cjg1
Providenciales Island Sports & Outdoors: 6 reviews and 9 photos
Sailing on a Hobie Kat is a perk of staying at our resort. After a short lesson (30 minutes and it's mandatory) we were given the okay to take it out on our own. I have sailed before so this wasn't a problem for me getting the hang of it. The resort allows you to have the Hobie Kat for an hour at a time (longer if there are Kats still on the beach). They suggest you stay along the shore and within sit of the beach but several people were venturing out too far. One day we observed a hobie Kat get overturned from the person going to fast in strong winds. The rescue boat was dispatched to pick up the guests and set the boat upright. I don't think those guests will be going out on the Hobie Kat aain after that.
We had a nice day with good winds and stuck to the rules. We were fortunate to have almost three hours on the Kat since there were still several Kats on the shore.
More Reviews (95)
- See All Hurricane Season
- See All Caribbean Village
- See All Relax in the Adults Only Jacuzzi
- See All You Might Encounter Some Monsters or A...
- See All Incredible Sunsets
- See All Romantic Beachside Dinner
- See All Visit the Island of Iguanas (Little...
- See All Relaxing by the Beautiful Beach
- See All Pack A Hat
- See All Men & Women's Clothing and...
- See All Providenciales International Airport...
Been to Providenciales Island?Share your travels with the world!
cjg1's Related Pages
Have you been to Providenciales Island?Share Your Travels