Schooner's: "Seafood Dining" Top 5 Page for this destination Providenciales Island Restaurant Tip by cjg1

Providenciales Island Restaurants: 30 reviews and 109 photos

Crab Cake

Crab Cake
      Crab Claws
  • Seafood Dining - Providenciales Island
      Conch Chowder
      Curry Chicken
    by cjg1

Schooner's is one of the Seafood themed restaurants of the Beaches Resort. The menu is full of seafood themed items as well as local dishes. The restaurant has a large wrap around covered terrace for outdoor dining as well as indoor dining. The decor is nautical with sailing accents.

The best way to describe the food here is hit or miss. Some items were very good and others were not. We arrived at Schooner's a bit late since we were busy walking the beach and were surprised to get seated so quickly. Our server Charles was very nice and attentive. Within minutes of sitting down we had our drinks and bread on the table. We ordered some appetizers: crab cake for my wife and crab claws and conch chowder for me. The crab cake was very good and I liked the chowder. The crab claws were okay but nothing spectacular. For an entree I had the chicken with a curry sauce which was quite nice. Liz ordered the Lobster and Shrimp Risotto. The Risotto was overcooked and resembled oatmeal. The shrimp tasted fishy and there were lobster shells that Liz bit into . Needless to say she pushed away her plate and didn't eat any further. After finishing our iced teas we headed off to find her something better to eat.

We spoke to other people about the food quality and our experience and it seems that the food here is hit or miss. It seems the night we were dining here there was a private function being catered out of the restaurant. Maybe this was the reason for the bad risotto. It was the only bad dish we had out of five so I will let this slide.

Favorite Dish: The conch chowder was very good and ad some nice spice to it. The crab claws were okay but I've had better. The crab cake was very good. I stole a few bites from my wife and I really like the breading and the taste. My chicken was very juicy and well cooked. The curry sauce was a bit spicy but I enjoyed it.

Rating: 4
Theme: Seafood

• Updated Jul 31, 2010

Comments

cjg1 Visits Here Frequently!

cjg1

“There is no such thing as once in a lifetime unless you didn't like it.”

Have you been to Providenciales Island?