"Huge Russian Type Hotel" Angara Hotel Irkutsk Tip by Nuclei

Angara Hotel Irkutsk, Irkutsk: 35 reviews and 11 photos

To be honest, it was not so difficult for me to decide where to stay. Since I live in Ankara, Turkey; it was natural to stay in Angara Hotel. I stayed at Russian type hotel in Baku, Azerbaijan before and I have no good memories. However, Angara Hotel was much better than I expected. Clean and comfortable, good location, reasonable pricing, English speaking stuff.

Unique Qualities: It is located in the city center, close to Angara river. Not far from away from train station.
The room quality (and rates) go higher once you go for upper floors. Since hotel is very big (my room was at the end of the aisle and it was 108 steps from the elevators - I am 190 cm tall) every floor has a special attendant. Receptionists do not like you ask them anything and they do not reply and ask you to contact your floor attendant. There is a nice bar/restaurant at the ground floor, namely London. Wi Fi is available. Payment with credit card possible. Since most taxis would like to go to further distances (airport), it is difficult to find a taxi to go to train station, be early.

Address: 7 Sukhe-Bator Street, Irkutsk, 664042, Russia
Comparison: about average
Directions: At the city center, few hundred meters from Angara river and Lenina street.
Phone: +73952255105
Price: US$120-180
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.hotel-angara.ru

• Updated Feb 4, 2010

Comments

Nuclei

“Obladi Oblada”

Have you been to Irkutsk?