"ROYAL AUSTRALIAN MINT - DISPLAYS" Top 5 Page for this destination Royal Australian Mint Tip by balhannah
Royal Australian Mint, Canberra: 9 reviews and 23 photos
Ascend the stairs or take the lift to viewing area on the 1st floor.
Along the viewing area walkway, on either side are all types of coins that the Mint has made, uncirculated coins , first Fleet coins, 1st Australian currency, and much, much more...
There is a copy of a plaque that was presented to Ian Thorpe to commemorate his world record in the men's 400m freestyle event at Manchester Commonwealth games, England
Many things of interest to look at and discover interesting information.
For a small fee, you can print your own coin on the Visitor’s Press, and in the shop, there were Coins that you can buy, and some watches which had a coin in the watch face, they were rather nice, and reasonably priced.
There is so much of interest to see here, I think it’s a MUST VISIT.
• Did you know the “MINT” could produce over 2 million coins per day?
• There are 13 presses that can produce 750 circulating coins per minute?
• The Australian 50 cent coin is one of the largest circulating coins in the World?
• Old Australian 1 & 2 cent coins were melted down and used to produce the bronze medals at the Sydney Olympic Games
• Since opening in 1965, the Mint has produced over 15 billion circulating coins?
• The spare key to Parliament House is kept at the Mint.
open 9 - 4pm daily
Weekends....10 - 4pm
Address: Denison street, Deakin, Canberra
Phone:  6202 6853
More Things to Do in Canberra (61)
More Reviews (9)
balhannah's Related Pages
Have you been to Canberra?Share Your Travels