"It's Not Just A Mall" Hollywood Tip by poetjo

Hollywood, Los Angeles: 23 reviews and 36 photos

I absolutely loved the Hollywood and Highland center. It is located along Hollywood Boulevard and is the center of attention. Although it houses restaurants and retail shops, I see it as much more than your average mall. It is an open air complex which I really like. The retail shops and restaurants surround the main complex from the plaza area up to the second and third floors which you can visit by taking either the stairs or escalator on the far sides of the center.

The plaza area is complete with some small retail kiosks and a small fountain to cool you during those Summer months. What really fascinated me about this center is all of the intricate artwork as you can see detailed in the photos I have uploaded. The artwork and sculptures are amazing. I walked around for about an hour just snapping shots of the creative artistry. I don't know the history but when you walk up the entrance stairs you feel as if you are walking into a movie set and a grand movie set at that. The columns and structure are gallant and regal. It is an exceptional piece of architecture.

There are many events and concerts hosted within this complex. The Jimmy Kimmel Live talk show hosts many of their outdoor concerts here. While I didn't shop or eat here, I thoroughly enjoyed the complex. It is an absolute must see when in the Hollywood area.

I do not see it as a tourist trap at all. I see it as an open air complex with fantastic and creative architecture.

Address: Hollywood and Highland Center
Directions: Along Hollywood Boulevard
Phone: (323) 469-8311
Website: http://www.hollywoodandhighland.com

• Written Nov 17, 2009

poetjo Visits Here Frequently!

“"Though a world away, I am home"”

Have you been to Los Angeles?