Ocean Park Motel: "Great Independant Motel in San Francisco" Top 5 Page for this destination California Hotel Tip by Basaic

California Hotels: 188 reviews and 173 photos

Ocean Park Motel
      Ocean Park Motel
      Dining and Kitchen Area
      Main Bedroom
  • Fireplace - California
      Another Bedroom
    by Basaic

This very attractive art deco motel was opened on 20 April 1937 in time for the grand opening of the new Golden Gate Bridge. It was San Francisco's first motel. It has been honored by art deco magazines and afficiandoes several times. As for my own personal opinion, this was a great place!! I stayed here with my sister, brother-in-law, niece, her husband and their three kids. We shared two interconnecting areas with three bedrooms, two bathrooms a dining area and a kitchen. The price was downright cheap for the area (expensive for Arizona). On the first day (we were busy getting ready for my nephews wedding) the maid staff even washed our dishes. The owner and his wife put together an exhaustive list of just about anything you could possibly want to know that they give to the guests. If they missed something just ask. The location was great too. Easy walking distance to a tram stop, the Ocean Beach part of the Golden Gate National Recreation Area, and the zoo. You would almost have to pay me to make me stay somewhere else!

Address: 2690 46th Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94116
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Phone: (415) 566-7020
Price: US$80-120
Theme: Motel
Website: http://www.oceanparkmotel.com/

• Written Nov 17, 2009

“As for me, I'll take the road less traveled.”

Have you been to California?