Rim Rock Motel: "Great Independant Motel in Alturas" Top 5 Page for this destination California Hotel Tip by Basaic

California Hotels: 188 reviews and 173 photos

Rim Rock Motel

Rim Rock Motel
      Outside my Room
      Inside the Room
      Inside the Room
    by Basaic

If you stay in a chain hotel like a Super 8, a Motel 6, or a Holiday Inn, you know about what to expect. It may be a little better or worse but in general you know what to expect. Not so with independent motels. They can range from a profound disappointment to very pleasant surprises. The Rim Rock Motel was definitely one of the pleasant surprises. It was very reasonably priced and I did not know what to expect from the room. My first impression was seeing the wood on the outside, which looked nice. When I eneterd the room it was clean, smelled fresh and had extra little ammenities I did not expect. It was a very good deal for the price and I would definitely stay here again. The owner, manager was a very nice guy from Nova Scotia and he made the stay that much better. If you are in the area give it a try!

Unique Qualities: Great restaurant, The Brass Rail, nearby.

Address: 22760 Highway 395, Alturas, CA 96101
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Alturas is in the northeast corner of the state. The motel is right on US Highway 395.
Phone: (530) 233-5455
Price: US$40-80
Theme: Motel
Website: http://www.rimrockmotelalturas.com/

• Written Nov 17, 2009

Comments

Basaic

“As for me, I'll take the road less traveled.”

Have you been to California?