The Ginger Man: "Tasty Fish & Chips" Norwalk Restaurant Tip by cjg1

Norwalk Restaurants: 15 reviews and 51 photos

The Ginger Man is our prefered bar in SONO. It's also a reatsurant that has a nice dining area but we prefer to sit at the bar for a meal. The atmosphere here is very laid back; which I enjoy. We are often in Sono for a movie or to meet up with friends; so this is a nice place to unwind with a few drinks and grab some grub.

The menu has a variety of appetizers, burgers, entrees, soups and salads. The Ginger Man has over 52 draught beers and several varities of bottled beers, hard liquor, wine and mixed drinks; so there is something for everyone. I usually get a Stella Artois or a Johnnie Walker Blue.

Favorite Dish: Liz and I like the warm pretzels with mustard. They are soft pretzels served warm with dijon and honey mustard dipping sauces. It's a nice snack especially in the cooler weather months. When we are heare for a meal Liz usualy orders her favorite: Steamed Prince Edward Mussels with garlic bread; she finished the whole portion. I am a fan of their fish and chips which is quite nice; espcially with their fries and cole slaw. Their sliders are also good especially for a snack.

It's not often that we have had dessert here but we have had the Fudge Brownie Sundae twice. It's very good with vanilla ice cream on top and chocolate sauce (it's usually served with walnuts but we ask for them to be left off since Liz cannot eat nuts).

Address: 99 Washington Street
Price Comparison: about average
Phone: 203-354-0163
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 4
Theme: American

• Updated Nov 18, 2009

“There is no such thing as once in a lifetime unless you didn't like it.”

Have you been to Norwalk?