"From Bogotá to Villa de Leyva" Top 5 Page for this destination Villa de Leiva Transportation Tip by mircaskirca

Villa de Leiva Transportation: 7 reviews and 12 photos

bus terminal in Villa de Leyva

bus terminal in Villa de Leyva
      Tunja
      along the road
      along the road
      Tunja
    by mircaskirca

There are only two direct buses daily from Bogotá to Villa de Leyva. Alternativelly you can take a bus to Tunja (3,5 hours) which are very frequent. From Tunja minibuses run regularly and it takes about an hour. The road from Bogotá goes through pretty green valleys before turning at Tunja into a drier area.

I woke up very early that morning. Some people returned to Platypus and were quite loud. So I thought I better get up and go to the terminal as early as possible. I ask the guy at the reception to call a taxi for me. It took about 25 minutes to get to the terminal and I payed 9.000 COP. I took the early morning direct bus at 05:30am (which left at 06.00am) and costed 18.000 COP (January 2009). The bus was quite small but comfortable.

It took us four hours to arrive in Villa de Leyva. The terminal is three blocks from Plaza Mayor and Casa del Puente del Arco just two block further on, so I decided to take a short walk.

Mode: TO
Type: Bus

Review Helpfulness: 4 out of 5 stars

• Updated Nov 8, 2009

Comments

Have you been to Villa de Leiva?