Five Guys Burgers & Fries: "Simple great tasting burgers" Mystic Restaurant Tip by Gypsystravels

Mystic Restaurants: 28 reviews and 49 photos

My bacon double cheeseburger
      My bacon double cheeseburger
    by Gypsystravels
      Just my portion of the fries
    by Gypsystravels
      Just waiting for our food
      Guys behind the grille
      Front of the store
    by Gypsystravels

Five Guys seem to be everywhere these days. Their concept is great and their food even better. They started with one location and now have franchises all over the place. They have now popped up in other towns in Connecticut as well as one in Queens, NY and even in Washington, DC. and I am sure in many other places as well.

We had slept in and didn't leave our hotel until close to check out, so we thought we'd skip breakfast and have an early lunch. We arrived at 11:00 am sharp and were their first customers. By the time we left sometime around 11:45 am this place was packed!! Ferni is a big fan of trying burger places, so it wasn't hard to decide on this place.

The place was small with a counter to place your order from the board, pay and wait while it is prepared. You can grab a hand full of peanuts while you wait and if you ordered fountain soda, you are given cups so to fill your own. The burgers were so, so juicy!!! I like a simple burger, not those that try too hard with different types of buns. This burger was just good and thei fries were cooked to perfection.

The "regular" burger is a double burger cooked your way with choices of toppings.

Five Guys is located in a small no-descript shopping center where you will also find Starbucks.

Favorite Dish: They have a simple menu with burgers and hot dogs. I had the double bacon burger and a small fountain coke, Ferni had his double cheeseburger with a side of fries (the guy assured us it was plenty for us both, and he was so right).

We would definitely come back and would highly recommend this place.

Address: 12 Cogan Blvd
Price Comparison: about average
Phone: 860-572-1500
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 4
Theme: American

• Updated Nov 11, 2009

Gypsystravels Visits Here Frequently!

“If You don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything!”

Have you been to Mystic?