La Michoacana Natural Ice Cream: "Homemade Mexican Ice Cream" Top 5 Page for this destination Sonoma Restaurant Tip by Rixie

Sonoma Restaurants: 59 reviews and 90 photos

This tiny ice cream shop in Boyes Hot Springs, a few miles outside of Sonoma, is becoming my "treat" place, where I go to indulge myself. Their specialty is all-natural Mexican ice cream, which they make on the premises with fresh fruit and sweet cream. Really good -- you can taste the fresh ingredients! It's $2.50 for a single scoop on a sugar cone.

They also make paletas (fruit and cream bars), and frozen, chocolate-dipped bananas on a stick.

Family owned and operated. Open daily, 11:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.

Favorite Dish: I've tried the coconut-pineapple, the lime sorbet, and the guava, and they were all delicious. The first mouthful of guava ice cream transported me back to my grandmother's kitchen in Hawaii. My companions loved the fresh blueberry and strawberry ice cream.

Address: 18495 Highway 12 (at Thomson Avenue)
Directions: Highway 12 in Boyes Hot Springs, west of Mary's Pizza and next to Plain Jane's. There are only four parking spaces in front of the shop, so I park in the Sonoma Cinemas shopping center and walk over a block.
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 5
Theme: Ice Cream

• Updated Jun 27, 2010

Comments

Rixie

“Travel may be an addiction, but it's cheaper than drugs.”

Have you been to Sonoma?