"The Famous Lookout" Pali Lookout Tip by machomikemd
Pali Lookout, Honolulu: 3 reviews and 8 photos
Favorite thing: Pali Lookout was the sight of the famous Battle for the unification of the Hawaiian Islands in the 1700th century! It was here in 1795 that King Kamehameha and his warriors defeated the O'ahu armies by sending them over these steep, forested cliffs and claiming his victory and uniting the Hawaiian Islands. The breathtaking sight and the gruesome history of the battle fought here is enough to cause a chill to run up your spine.
From this vantage point you can see Kaneohe Bay, Chinaman's Hat, and Hawaii Pacific's Windward Campus.
* Open 9am-4pm daily, weather permitting
* Admission is Free
* Ample, free parking
* Remove hats and headgear due to gusty winds
* Hold children's hands due to gusty winds
Take H1 east bound from Waikiki. Then take the Pali Highway, Route 61, via Nu'uanu Pali Drive. Follow the signs to the Lookout
More General in Honolulu (3)
More Reviews (54)
- See All the Melting pot of Various Cultures
- See All another famous Coffee Brand besides Kona...
- See All Northwest Airlines (Now Delta Airlines)
- See All Honolulu Chinatown
machomikemd's Related Pages
Have you been to Honolulu?Share Your Travels